Jump start your learning with the Bridge program
The Bridge program is an optional summer intensive 6 week course that equips new Fulbright students with the academic skills and language skills needed for a smooth and successful transition and participation in the academic program at Fulbright.
Start early, get ready
With the expert guidance of the Learning Support team, students will learn to become comfortable in Fulbright’s small classroom, active learning environment. For those less confident in their English language fluency in an academic setting, the intensive Bridge classes target the specific skills expected in all Fulbright courses. Bridge meets students at their level with English as a Second Language expertise and knowledge of the academic challenges ahead.
Bridge is an ungraded program that helps students practice essential academic skills, including:
- Understanding academic writing expectations.
- Reading and synthesizing scholarly articles.
- Communicating effectively in class discussions, presentations, and collaboration.
- Performing realistic self-assessment.
- Creating a personal learning plan for academic growth.
- Asking for help: finding and utilizing academic support resources, especially professors.