What scholarship opportunities are available to students?
Fulbright applicants have the opportunity to apply for the following scholarships:
- Fulbright University Scholarship
- Nguyễn-Phương Family Scholarship
- Nguyen Tung Lam Scholarship
- Bright Futures Scholarship
- Wheel Cards Scholarship
- Vietcombank – Fulbright Scholarship
- CNCF – Fulbright Scholarship
Additionally, Fulbright extends scholarship programs to current students, including: Temasek Community Change-Maker Scholarship and TPBank STEM Scholarship.
What are the differences between scholarships available for incoming students?
- Fulbright University Scholarship recipients are students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievements and meaningful community contributions. This scholarship program consists of three types: Fulbright President’s Scholarship, Fulbright Dean’s Scholarship and Honors Scholarship.
- Nguyễn-Phương Family Scholarship is awarded to one student who exemplifies change-maker spirit and possesses the following characteristics: Other-centeredness, Leadership skills, Curiosity and Creativity, Courage and Resilience, Adaptability and Open-mindedness.
- Nguyen Tung Lam Scholarship is awarded to one student who can demonstrate exceptional academic excellence, a passion for pursuing a degree in Psychology, and financial difficulties.
- Wheel Cards Scholarship supports students who are facing significant physical or neurodiversity challenges.
- Bright Futures Scholarship is awarded to students from families who were or have been severely affected by the wars in Vietnam or elsewhere.
- Vietcombank and CNCF Scholarships are given to students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds.
Applicants can apply for multiple scholarships according to their preference. The cumulative value of the scholarships can cover up to 100% of the tuition fees.
What is the procedure to apply for Scholarships?
- Fulbright University Scholarship awards are determined by a Selection Committee that considers applicants’ performances in the admissions, scholarship application and interview rounds.
- NP Family Scholarship and Nguyen Tung Lam Scholarship require applicants to participate in additional interviews with the donors.
- Bright Futures Scholarship and Wheel Cards Scholarship does not require additional interviews.
For applicants who are actively seeking scholarships, they can access the Scholarships tab on the portal (available at https://apply.fulbright.edu.vn/) to apply for the scholarships.
Can I apply for both Scholarships and Financial Aid?
Applicants can apply for one or multiple scholarships while simultaneously submitting an application for Financial Aid. These are separate applications.
The Financial Aid program assesses the economic circumstances of the candidate’s family. On the other hand, the Scholarship program evaluates applicants based on different sets of selection criteria and the performance of candidates through the application and interview rounds.