With predictions about a second wave of COVID-19 coming in this fall-winter, more and more universities in epidemic-stricken regions around the world are forced to consider closing their campuses until the end of the year. Fulbright University Vietnam (Fulbright) hence decided to launch the Fulbright Visiting Student Program, an initiative that supports students whose study abroad plans have been disrupted because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Students who: i) have been accepted to a university outside of Vietnam but have not been able to enroll due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and ii) wish to have a full-time educational experience at Fulbright during the 2020-2021 schoolyear are eligible to apply for this program.
Visiting students will study with Fulbright’s regular undergraduate students, therefore the same academic and character requirements apply. One-year visiting students must have: i) a strong knowledge base, and ii) distinct personal virtues, especially intellectual curiosity, a sense of responsibility, care for others, and a pioneering attitude. To know more about what Fulbright seeks in its students, visit https://fulbright.edu.vn/admissions/
Similar to the regular program, visiting students are admitted based on personal assessments.
After the application round, applicants will go through an individual interview round. The application for visiting students requires:
- Personal information
- Academic information
- Applicant’s profile that has been accepted by an overseas university (in pdf format)
- Letter of acceptance from an overseas university (in pdf format)
- A short essay expressing the applicant’s motivation for joining the Visiting Student program.
- A letter of agreement from the said university that allows the applicant to postpone their study for one year in order to attend the Visiting Student Program at Fulbright (additional submission can be made after enrollment)
Applications are completed through an online form. There is no application fee.
Important application dates are as follows:
– June 1, 2020: Application opens for the Visiting Student Program
– July 31, 2020: Application deadline
– August 2020: Interviews and result announcement
Tuition and Financial Aid
Our available funds are specifically designated for students pursuing a bachelor’s degree at Fulbright; hence financial aid will not be awarded to visiting students. Tuition fee for the Visiting Student program is similar to that of the regular program, which can be found at https://fulbright.edu.vn/tuition-and-financial-aid/ The university’s residence services are reserved for regular students only. Visiting students will plan for their own accommodation.
At the end of the program, visiting students will be issued transcripts for subjects they have taken during the academic year.