It’s that time of the year again, Fulbright University Vietnam’s Buddy Program is calling for high school volunteers from all across the country. The Fulbright Buddies will act as the bridge connecting Fulbright and students in your high school or your area.
During the one-year term (from September 2021 to June 2022), the Buddies will work with students at Fulbright University Vietnam to support a series of activities to introduce the liberal education model in general and Fulbright University in particular. Activities will take place both online and offline, and Buddies are encouraged to be creative in organizing events that are relevant to your community.
- You are invited to participate in Fulbright University activities, thereby you can practice communication skills, project management, enriching operational experience and leadership capacity, experiencing Fulbright’s working environment and spirit.
- You are to connect, exchange, and learn from Fulbright students and dynamic students from all over the country.
- You will be awarded a certificate of participation in the Fulbright Buddy Program.
- Your student clubs will be prioritized to receive Fulbright University support in the future (i.e.: event venue support, media support, etc.)
You are the Fulbright Buddies that we are looking for if:
- You have an understanding or desire to learn about liberal education philosophy.
- You have good communication skills, the ability to convey information accurately, clearly, attractively, and persuasively.
- You have a wide network of friends in the school and area where you are studying.
- You are proactive and responsible.
You can apply to join the Fulbright Buddy Program at: https://bit.ly/2VBq4Z9
The Fulbright Buddies timeline:
- Application round: 09/8/2021 – 22/8/2021
- Interview round (online or phone): 30,31/8/2021 (Tentative)
- Results announcement: 01/09/2021
- Virtual onboarding boot camp (Tentative): 11,12/09/2021
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us at 028 7303 7788.
NOTE: The Fulbright Buddy Program is independent of Fulbright University Admissions. If Buddies apply to the Fulbright Undergraduate Program, you will have to go through the same admissions process as other applicants.
“In both years working as Fulbright Buddy, I have had unforgettable experiences with a dynamic community with core values of respect, cooperation, and uplifting one another. I am proud to be a Buddy, a piece of the puzzle that creates that diverse and harmonious picture of Fulbright!” – Ngo Kieu Anh (Nghe An)
“For me, the Fulbright Buddy Program brings to life the Fulbright spirit. It is the spirit of co-design in group activities, the spirit of community-oriented for each post that gives opportunities to young people, and finally a lot of room for us to freely create, experience, and implement the ideas that we are passionate about.” – Pham Minh Hieu (Dong Thap)