On November 26, 2022, Fulbright’s student club TEDx FUV successfully hosted the first TEDx Talk at Fulbright University Vietnam campus entitled “TEDx FUV Main Event – RE:”. More than 100 avid learners showed up at the event on a weekend afternoon to celebrate the culmination of the club’s tireless effort throughout the past academic year to deliver a wide array of knowledge-sharing initiatives across the Fulbright student community.
The theme “RE:” was well illustrated in an interdisciplinary approach throughout the event. In English, “re” is a common prefix that means “back” or “again” and appears in hundreds of words, for example, “reflect”, “redefine” and “rethink”. According to the organizing committee, the 21st century is an era of reexamination. During this endeavor, there are a number of captivating stories that are greatly empowering for others to embark on their own journey of “reexamination”.
The guest speakers were:
- Producer Văn Quý Ngọc Ái redefines “Creative art and applied art”;
- Designer Phan Đại Thắng with “Rethinking/ Reincarnating in every era”;
- Businesswoman Thi Anh Đào redefines “A perception on Entrepreneurship”;
- Faculty member in Integrated Sciences Dr. Nguyễn Thị Trang repositions herself to “Equip and Adapt to Change”.
Furthermore, the event also put the spotlight on three Fulbright student speakers. This world famous program hosted in universities offers a rare opportunity for students to become speakers, develop their scripts and hone their public-speaking skill. These student speakers were:
- Hoàng Thu Hằng (Class of 2025) with new perspectives on “Academic World”;
- Trần Thảo Nguyên (Class of 2024) with “From three lessons learnt from a Robot competition to change the world”;
- And Hồng Hà Giang (Class of 2025) with “The moment of choice – The decision to start”.
The seven speakers brought up fascinating perspectives as they repositioned themselves and redefined their field of work. From politics to business to fashion, they have strived to generate innovations. They have rethought their own industry, dived deeply into the current system and made a change to solve urgent societal issues.
“TEDx FUV Main Event – RE:” also welcomed young artist Goddé (Đặng Anh Kiệt, Class 2024) on the stage to perform his newly released song “State of Dreaming” which was accompanied by pianist Dani.
Warmest congratulations to TEDx FUV on this meaningful event. We wish the Club all the best to further its unwavering commitment to developing helpful initiatives for not only the Fulbright students but also the wider community.
Get the latest news of TEDx FUV at https://www.instagram.com/tedxfuv/