- Software Engineering Life Cycle Model Delivery Engagement
- Project Management Optimization and Risk Management
- Intersection and Dependencies of Software Engineering and Project Management
- Requirements Engineering associated with Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- B.S. Computer Science and Mathematics, Xavier University of Louisiana, 1989
- M.S. Information Systems Technology, George Washington University, 2003
- MBA, Christian Brothers University, 2005
- D. Eng., Software Engineering Southern Methodist University, 2013
Klyne Smith has more than 30+ years of IT and Telecommunication technical experience in project management, complex solution delivery, requirements, business development, consulting, and operations. He has managed end to end solutions across IT, transportation, sports, retail, utilities, finance, entertainment, academia, medical, and telecommunication. Dr. Smith has successfully delivered solutions on 5 continents and in over 20 countries.
Prior to moving to full time teaching Klyne worked for IBM, Masergy Communications, Caesars Entertainment, Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, and Ericsson. Throughout his career, he was the primary delivery lead or made significant contributions in developing and executing technical solutions for companies such as Comcast, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Amtrak, Target, Macy’s, Coke, the NBA, the Olympics, Hertz, AT&T, NET Brazil, NYTA, Claro, Bell Canada, TelMex, Proctor and Gamble, NYSE, Chattanooga and Lafayette Utilities, Bharti, Telstra, China Unicom, and SingTel.