On September 21, 2022, Fulbright University Vietnam and International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science and Education (ICISE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to develop academic and educational cooperation and promote relations between the two institutions.
Fulbright and ICISE agreed to foster academic cooperation, in areas of common interest as follows.
1. Sustainable development of scientific research, education, and training activities, including
- Teaching collaboration, course exchanges for Undergraduate and Graduate programs;
- Joint organization of trainings, seminars and workshops;
- Joint development of basic science and applied science research projects;
- Development and connection of resources and facilities, and input of scientific database for research activities;
- Publication and promotion of research results, and support to application of research and training outcomes, and results of potential applied science projects;
- Organization of educational & training activities, such as seminars and workshops for the public with the objective of leveraging the capacity of lecturers, teachers, and researchers nationwide.
2. Implementation of social impact activities, and incubation of social impact projects, comprising
- Organization of annual training programs on development, science, and education, to universalize foundation knowledge, and technical knowledge across various disciplines;
- Collaboration in activities and projects for students;
- Development of open resources, learning materials, and courses in science and education for the public.
“ICISE was founded with a vision to promote the educational cooperation across Vietnam and regionally among emerging nations in the Asian-Pacific zone,” shared Prof. Jean Tran Thanh Van, Co-Founder and Director of the ICISE. “Now that we are together in this journey, I have great hopes that a number of impactful scientific initiatives that incorporate both institutions’ strengths will be able to unlock the power of the youth, and open various opportunities for growth”.
To facilitate the cooperation, the two parties also agreed to establish and jointly manage the Centre for Education and Science Practices (CESP). With a representative office at Fulbright’s campus in the foreseeable future, CESP will have its Board of Trustees, the Board of Science, and the Board of Management which comprise representatives from both institutions.
“This MOU signing ceremony marks a special moment for Fulbright as we tie the bond between a liberal arts university and an interdisciplinary research institution,” shared Ms. Dam Bich Thuy, President of Fulbright University Vietnam. “At Fulbright, we inspire students to begin their learning adventure with a core of interdisciplinary courses, enabling them to explore and find their area of interest by seeing the world through different lenses, and learning how to approach and solve problems with multidimensional creative solutions. With this partnership coming to life, our students, even those who just kickstart as freshmen, will benefit greatly as they get to research and gain first-hand experience on an array of applied science projects to start leading the change in their own community.”
About International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science and Education (ICISE)
The International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science and Education (ICISE) is a unique science and education institution located in the coastal city of Quy Nhon, Vietnam. Commissioned by ‘Rencontres du Vietnam’ association, under the direction of its founders Prof. Jean Tran Thanh Van and Prof. Le Kim Ngoc, ICISE is to bring together scientists from developed and emerging countries to host conferences and to nurture the association’s long-held expertise in designing exceptional cultural and educational projects.
The ICISE hosts around 10 to 12 high-level international scientific conferences each year. Covering disciplines in fundamental or applied sciences, mainly in the field of physics, the program will extend to cover a larger array of scientific disciplines such as biology, medicine, social and human sciences.