Fulbright University Vietnam seeks to enroll a class of 70 students from across Vietnam and beyond to join us for our Inaugural Year 2019–20.
These 70 students, together with our 54 Co-Design Year students, will have the opportunity to make Fulbright’s vision of re-imagining the university a reality.
To learn more about our current 54 Co-Design Year students and their experiences thus far, follow us on Facebook.
Who are we looking for?
Fulbright’s inaugural year marks a unique opportunity. Students and faculty will work closely to create Vietnam’s first university in the liberal arts, sciences and engineering traditions.
To do so, we are looking for students who are:
- Intellectually curious: Thirsty for challenges, eager for knowledge, open-minded about new ideas, and willing to have their minds changed by a good argument.
- Pioneering: Vitalized by the entrepreneurial spirit, creative in their approach to problem solving, and comfortable learning from their mistakes.
- Community-minded: Collaborative and supportive. We are building a new university with its own culture. We seek students who work well with each other and enjoy doing so, and who want to make the world a better place through service to society.
- Committed: Students who finish what they start, who overcome roadblocks with grace, and who are resourceful in their problem solving. Students equally committed to their personal passions and improving the lives of the individuals and community around them.
- Have integrity: Students who are trusted and respected in their communities and capable of overcoming setbacks. For the foundation of such a bold enterprise, we need people who act with integrity, are authentic, honest, emotionally mature, and resilient.
Beyond these characteristics, we are also looking for students who have demonstrated their ability to think critically and creatively, effectively communicate and collaborate with others and pursue their passions.
Finally, we seek students who have academic depth and breadth. We hope to see these qualities, characteristics and more by best understanding our applicants throughout the admissions process.
Applying to Fulbright’s inaugural year
Fulbright’s admissions application to the inaugural year opens September 1, 2018. Applications are completed on an online application form. There is no application fee.
The admissions application includes the following key sections:
- Student Profile
- Academic Information
- Reference Contacts
- Activities and Awards
- Personal Statement (written in English)
- Audio Component (spoken in English)
- Original Piece of Work
To view the admissions application in its entirety, please click here for a downloadable PDF of the application sample.
If you have any questions, please first visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. If your questions are not answered there, please contact us at:
Phone: +84 28 73 037 788
Admissions & Financial Aid Timeline
September 1, 2018Admissions Application opens
October 1, 2018
December 1, 2018Admissions Application closes
January 1, 2019
February to March 2019Group and individual interviews are conducted
Mid-April 2019Admissions decisions released; financial aid packages awarded